Sunday, November 22, 2015

Team First

Many people are now on the verge of starting with another team for a whole new club season. I imagine just as many people are currently crossing their fingers for a drama-free year. But managing a group of people without conflict is a tricky business. Here's an article I wrote a while ago on some of the ways I think have helped me and my teams through the process.


Team First

My junior year at Stanford I wanted to take a seminar on conflict resolution. It was a small class and had double the enrollment the professors wanted so they asked each of us to send them a few paragraphs on why they should take us in the class and our background in the subject. I gave them a brief rundown on my academic history and why I was interested in the class from that standpoint. Then I told them that I have spent a good portion of the last decade dealing with large groups of girls, ages 12-22, in highly pressurized, highly competitive environments. So yes, I had some background in conflict resolution...


Read more


No comments:

Post a Comment